Friday, March 12, 2010

What are the pros and cons of owning a CHI flat iron?

I need a new straightener and I might as well get the best, so what are the good and bad things about a CHI flat iron straightener?





Also, what is the typical price range for CHIs?





Thank you!What are the pros and cons of owning a CHI flat iron?
Pros:


- long-lasting results


- ceramic, and doesn't burn your hair or leave it as damaged as other flat irons do


- doesn't break easily


- you only have to run it through your hair once to get it pin-straight


- leaves hair shiny and soft


- gets very hot


- can also curl or wave hair(if you know how to)





Cons:


- expensive


- most CHIs only have one heat setting


- can't find in many stores, usually have to buy it online(I did, and so did my friend)





Overall, I think that my CHI investment was totally worth it, and I'm perfectly happy with it. Also, the typical price range is about $90-$140, it depends where you buy it.What are the pros and cons of owning a CHI flat iron?
Yes, CHIs are very good. I'd say some pros are that they work very well, get extremely hot, and your hair normally does not become frizzy. But CHIs are overrated, there for their price is hyped up to about $200. Another thing that I don't like about CHIs is their size; if you have any intention of using CHIs to curl your hair, they are way to chunky and it does not work.


I would go to a professional hair salon, and look at some of the straightener options. I'd go for one that has a thinner end where the ceramic irons are, so that you can curl your hair.





Goodluck!
I own a CHI flat iron and it was so much bettter than my previous flat iron. It makes your hair silky and removes frizz and the ceramic plating is better for your hair (other flat irons can burn and damage you hair, but the CHI causes less damage) The only con I found was that it cost $140, but it definatley is worth it, ecspecially if you flat iron your hair almost everyday.
CHI's are about a hundred


It's supposed to be a professional straightener.


Some complain that you can't control the heat setting and it burns their hair.


I've just heard all these bad things about it =\


Mine is just something trusty from walmart.


It's an ANDIS. I got it for about $15. I'd suggest to get one with tourmaline ceramic plates.


That's my goal for my next straightener...
Okay don't get a CHI..I have an FHI and i love it! Its about 3 years old now and still works great. But i kinda wanted a new one so i went in to buy a new one and asked what i should get and they recomended not getting a CHI because the guy that invented the technology for the CHI sold the compnay but took the tech with him and created the FHI, now he just created the HAI, which i got and i love it!!!!





so you should get the HAI convertable
well i'll start off by saying I LOVE THE CHI.


when i bought mine it was like $100 but it varies.





pros:


-gets hair VERY straight


-you can use it to curl hair


-makes hair shiny


-isn't extremely damaging


-heats up quickly





cons:


-doesnt have a heat setting
I was wondering the same thing...if it really makes a difference the more expensive the tool....Over a hundred dollars unless you can find them on sale
I've had a chi for about a year and I haven't found any cons. I think most price ranges for Chi's are around $100 but I'm sure you could find something a little cheaper if you looked.

No comments:

Post a Comment