Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chi flat irons? please answer!!!?

i want to buy a chi flat iron but can`t decide between the regular chi 1'; the turbo 2'; or the ';big chi'; which is a 2'; i have long curly hair and need a good straightner, also i heard that it dosent matter wether u use a 1 inch or a 2 inch it will straighten at the same rate, is this true? so which one should i get? thanks so much! also it would help if u`ve used them beforeChi flat irons? please answer!!!?
I would, with no hesitation, say go with the regular chi. I have medium length curly hair, and I like to wear it very -very- straight. The thing with curly hair is that you have to pay attention to the hair close to your head; it has to be straightened too. With the 1'; chi, you can do that sort of detail work. I own a regular chi, and I've also used the 2 inch. I find the regular one straightens just as well just as quickly. But the 2 inch made it a little more difficult to get that hair closer to my head. I adore my chi. It's a great straightener to go with. Even in humid weather, my hair stays straight if I use my chi. Definitely the 1';.Chi flat irons? please answer!!!?
With the two inch iron you can straighten more hair because its bigger and be done faster. But as a cometologist and after having my chi for six years I think the smaller is the best investment. You can style your hair more,plus if you decide to cut your hair shorter you can still use the smaller one
The only difference is that the 2-inch might straighten more at a time than the 1-inch. I like the 1-inch straighteners, because you can get closer to the scalp, and they're just easier to handle.
I've used a Chi, and honestly, they're overpriced. I'd actually recommend purchasing a different company's straightening iron, such as Helen of Troy, or Conair. Try a 2'; ceramic plated iron, as those work the best. I also have long hair, it is really wavy and the waves never go in the same direction! I currently own a Conair iron, the only problem is, it takes half an hour to do my hair, and 15 mins for touch-ups! The Chi irons can straighten my hair in 20 mins, with 10 min. touch-ups. Honestly, to me I'd rather spend less money, it's worth the extra time doing my hair. Just weigh your options, and determine if it's more important to get an iron that does the job quickly but for a higher price (Chi), or a little slower but a better job, and costs less (Conair, Helen of Troy, etc). You could also consider straightening irons sold in salons. They typically cost more than something you'd purchase at CVS, but most salon irons work well and you can see how they look when a stylist does your hair personally. Ask your stylist or another trusted hair professional what would work best for you if you're still confused.
Two inch straighteners are recommended for very long, thick hair. One inch straighteners are best for anyone, really, but if you want to get closer to your scalp, then the smaller one is best.
1 inch is easier
get a little one so it's easy to pack away....there is no reason to have a large one. Chi's last FOREVER! they are expensive, but they last for a long time...
believe it or not the 1'; works best i bought all of them cuz i had super curly and thick hair


my hair gets so straight its rad!!!!


as a matter of fact my hair is naturalli strait now!!!!
2'; is fast
er u guy or girl?


because ............the reason you use a 1'; compared to a 2'; (usually) is


for short hair versus longer hair....


if you are a guy and have short hair I would say get the 1';


...a 1 inch is normally better for shorter hair and doing little ';FLICKS'; on the ends....


the 2 '; is more of a work-horse...for long - thick hair..it isn't as easy to maneuver %26amp; definetly no good on short hair....


Size has nothing to do with speed....only length of hair and maneuvering





Not too sure why you are set on CHI, there are better brands...


2 suggestions


I use the Magic FLAT irons...they have lowered their prices...and are nice....


www.icreatemagic.com


~ my next one is going to be a GHD, they are a bit more pricey...{there are so many now....}


The company that makes the CHI - well their main business is HAIR products...i feel better when i buy a product from a company that specializes in it...


Both GHD and Magic that is basically how they built their businesses and they have been making them since before anyone heard of flat irons....





I bought my first flat iron in 1995! I bought it in


England they didn't have them here!
for me it didn't matter..but both my friedns have chis and they love them..one has short hair and has the 1 in and the other has reallllly long hair and had the 2 in and she said the bigger helps alot with time and heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment