Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Does the Chi flat iron cause PERMANENT damage to hair?

My hair is REALLY damaged from using the Chi flat iron for so long without a heat protectant. So now I use it only on special occasions (about once every 2 months), letting my hair grow out. It's totally fried, kinky, and split!


This isn't permanent is it?Does the Chi flat iron cause PERMANENT damage to hair?
your hair must have been in really bad condtion before you started using it. get a good haircut, then start using it again. see if can see a difference. it has helpped my hair and i color my hair almost twice a monthDoes the Chi flat iron cause PERMANENT damage to hair?
My wife has been using it daily for several years and it has actually helped her hair. It may be the shampoo and conditioner you are using. She uses design line olive oil shampoo and conditioner.





And no it's not permanent. Get a deep conditioning treatment and have the dead ends trimmed off. It will grow out healthy again with time.
Yes and no. You can try protein treatments for the hair or you can snip the damaged ends off. Until your hair is in the best shape, I think that you should lay off the flat iron.
It's not murderous for your hair...it's better than most cheaper straighteners...but regardless, it is causing a bit of damage. The easiest way to solve yr problem is to buy a cheap heat protectant. Any kind of spray/gel. They sell (At Sally's Beauty Supply, dunno if you are familiar) an amazing leave in conditioner called Potion 9 that's a cheap knock off of a more expensive name brand, that works exactly the same. By Generic Laboratories or something similar. IT'S AMAZING! I have semi-fried hair and always use Potion 9 it makes my hair beeeeautiful! I would recommend that in between any kind of deep treatments...i use it every day. You can't even tell there is any damage at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment