Friday, March 12, 2010

How do I remove burnt on hair spray/thermal protectant spray from a Chi flat iron?

The other day I was doing my hair with my Chi flat iron and Phyto Organics thermal protectant spray when it got burnt on the flat iron. So everytime I would run it through my hair it wouldn't glide smoothly it kinda stuck to my hair. Is there any way I can remove the burnt on spray?How do I remove burnt on hair spray/thermal protectant spray from a Chi flat iron?
Turn the CHI iron off, let it cool all the way down, and get a damp cloth (no excess water). Wipe all the stuff off.How do I remove burnt on hair spray/thermal protectant spray from a Chi flat iron?
let your flat iron warm up and once is really warn get a rag and clean it with that make sure u don't burn
';Easy Off'; oven cleaner.
Freeze It And then use a chemical solven that is at room temperature most likely CLR would work best and use a dish scrub for cleaning dishes ive had that problem hundreds of times hats why i moved my ironing board out of my bathroom
oh god i know exactly how you feel, i have a blue chi.


you should turn it off, and let it cool down.


then take a paper towel, and wet it. DO NOT PUT SOAP ON IT.





then just like rub the blades. try not to get too much water into it.
Try turning the iron on until it is hot. Then wet a wash rage (that you do not clean your face with) and hold it on the iron to moisten the hair product and wipe clean. Good Luck!!!!!
Well I'm currently in cosmetology school and whenever we want to clean off our hot tools we use relaxer. As crazy as that may sound to you, this is what professionals use. What you do is heat up your hot iron and then turn it off but apply the relaxer to it while it is hot. Let it sit on the iron for about 20 seconds or so (it may sizzle but thats okay) then wipe it off with a dry towel and follow up with a wet one to remove excess. If there is a lot of build up, this may need to be repeated. Trust me, it works like a charm and leaves the palates as smooth as the day you got it!!
Cool iron, unplug and use alcohol on cotton balls to remove buildup.

No comments:

Post a Comment