Friday, March 12, 2010

I need a glue that I can use on my heated chi flat iron. What type should I use?

One of the ceramic pieces is hanging out and I need to glue it back in w/ something that won't be toxic and smelly and that can withhold heat. Thanks.I need a glue that I can use on my heated chi flat iron. What type should I use?
First, any glue will fail when subjected to high temps.





If the temp of your flat iron exceeds 200 degrees, I think most glues will fail and some will release toxic gasses.





Glues that will hold up to high temps may be available, but they will be extremely expensive for your small project.





All that being said, you can try JB Weld, which is a two part epoxy and claims to hold in the presents of high heat. They advertise it as being able to repair certain auto engine parts. I used it once on a cracked wood stove, but when the temp went over 300 degrees, it failed.





Good luck.
  • bloom-
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment